Dell Wyse Thin Client - Flashing a New Image
- This is a step-by-step instruction on how to create a bootable USB for imaging Dell Wyse Thin Clients using the tools provided by Dell
- Download and Install – Dell Wyse USB Firmware Tool:
- Download – Dell Wyse 5070 Thin Client Firmware Image:
- go to https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/wyse-5070-thin-client/drivers
- Under the Operating System drop-down, select Windows 10 64-bit LTSC 2019
- Under Category, select Operating System
- Download the corresponding image for the Windows OS that you want to flash to the thin client:
- NOTE: to find the correct Windows edition, navigate to This PC > Properties on the thin client and note the Windows edition
- Choose option 1 or 2 below based on your findings
- Download and install 7Zip to extract the firmware image you just downloaded
- Put the firmware image file in the root of the C:\ drive on your local machine or another easily accessible location
- Create a new folder called “Wyse Image” in the same location that you put the image file
- Open the 7Zip application
- Navigate to the location of the Firmware image
- Highlight the file (“WIE10_RS5_5070_September2019.exe”) and click Extract
- In the Extract To: field, specify the new folder you created in Step 5
- Leave the rest of the settings at their defaults and click OK
- The file extraction will take a few minutes, allow it to complete
- Plug an empty USB stick into your local machine
- Run the USB Imaging tool application that you installed in Step 1
- Allow the tool to format your USB stick if needed
- Select Image Push, 64-bit architecture, and Add a new image
- Specify the WIE10_RS5_5070_September2019.rsp that we extracted earlier
- Browse to the folder that you extracted the firmware image into (“Wyse Image”). You are looking for a .rsp file
- Note: the way that these files get extracted, you may have to navigate through a few folders by the same name to find the file
- Select the .rsp file, click OK and select “Configure USB Drive”. Allow the process to fully complete.
- Plug USB stick into the Thin Client. Turn on the thin client, and repeatedly press DEL to enter the BIOS. Default BIOS password is Fireport
- Navigate to the “Advanced” Tab. Look for an option called “Boot from USB”. This option needs to be Enabled. After setting this, exit and save changes. Turn off the Thin client.
- Power on the thin client again, this time repeatedly pressing p on your keyboard to bring up the boot menu (on newer Wyse TC’s this is done using the F12 key)
- Select your newly created USB stick from the boot menu and press ENTER
- Allow the imaging tool to load. You will see some Linux based code run on the screen before reaching the GUI
- From the GUI, click on your image, which will appear on the list of images.
- Once it is loaded, click OK on the bottom right to continue the process
- Allow the imaging to complete. Your Thin Client will automatically reboot and load the newly imaged OS.
- once logged into the desktop post-imaging, you may see a command prompt window loading some drivers and additional items. Allow this to complete. An automatic reboot may be necessary
- If you are having trouble with the creation of the USB stick, please try the following:
- Using a different USB stick
- Using a different computer to run the Dell Wyse USB Imaging tool
Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5: Creating a Bootable Media
Plug in an empty USB with at least 2GB of space to the VM Host that is hosting your Acronis Management Server VM Note: you can also create a bootable .ISO or a bootable CD/DVD by changing the setting during step 14 Connect the USB device to the ...
Using Acronis True Image to Restore a Backup
Things You'll Need: Target machine External USB HDD/SSD containing a working image of the computer you want to restore (if no DVD drive on target machine): external USB DVD Drive Acronis bootable media -- flash drive or DVD Monitor, keyboard, mouse ...
GE Licensing, Re-Install of Common Licensing & Proficy License Server
Environment: Primary Product Module : GE Control Server - Simplex / HA Primary Product Version : CSv02.01.00C Primary Product OS : Windows Server 2012 R2 Cause: The GE Licensing - Local License Server Administration Tool does not get installed while ...
XLReporter Team Client Installation
Overview This is a step-by-step walkthrough for installing XLReporter`s Team Client application onto a machine located on the XL Report Server network. Pre-Requisites XLReporter v 9.0 or newer must be installed on a Server located on the same network ...
Scenario Setting up a multi-monitor (3 screen) system using different types of monitors (e.g. Dell Monitors + iTech touchscreen, 3 iTech touchscreens, etc.) Environment Primary Product Module : Advantech UNO-2483G/2484G Primary Product OS : Windows ...